23 January 2006

Monday, just another manic

I "moved" into a single room in a dorm on campus, Greeley, in the sense that I have the keys now and I have been in there. Although I still have this apartment, which is about fifteen times bigger and has a private bathroom, for the next eight days. I don't know, yet, what I'm going to move into there and when The good news is that the room is like ninety degrees right now, plus I know a couple people who live in the building.

I've been careful not to schedule any classes before two in the afternoon the past few semesters. I found that it was a great boost to my happiness and success. I've got a 10:40 on Mondays and Wednesdays, now. Brutal. But I guess once I get settled in I'm going to be able to skip out on the time I would otherwise have spent commuting to campus and parking.

Ralph Nader's mom died. I don't suspect it'll slow him down, much. I just learned the other day that he had a hand in that whole deal with South Africa using generic AIDS drugs instead of paying grotesque rates for patented name brand US stuff. He's a busy guy.

I took a picture of a friend today but he didn't want it posted, and he pointed out that I got him up there in a group shot last week, anyway, so I'm going to honor his request. You, dear reader, will have to make due with straight text.