16 January 2006

The secret of NiMH

It's so weird in here. And not just because I cleaned the other half of the main room, so it's tidy for the first time in about a year and ½. I moved the lamp from the corner to a position close to the center of the room. It's significantly brighter and the shadows are all not where I expect them to be. It's very disorienting.

And, it turns out that the cheapest vacuum cleaner you can find in the low cost big retail box isn't neccessarily the best vacuum cleaner. Today was only the third time I've ever used the vacuum cleaner, so it's only just sinking in now.

Oh, snap! Check out that crazy glare on the Ted Williams picture. It's an ordinary, dark black and white photo that looks like a sun-faded sepia. I think it's the ghost of Teddy. It means the Sox are going to win the World Series with Alex Cora at shortstop.