19 February 2006

High and low

Today was pretty good. I got some pesky class reading out of the way, helped out with newspaper production, got some exercise, enjoyed alcohol in uncharacteristic moderation and watched two motion picture shows.

Read about the colonization of Africa. Had to look up a couple words, compradore and conessionaire, so I feel like, even if I don't remember what the hell happened in Buganda at the end of the nineteenth century, I may have learned something. Oh, I definately learned that if you're going to try and repel European domination, you want to luck into drawing the cupidity of the bumbling Italians, who I imagine looking an awful lot like Roberto Benigni on the battlefield.

We had a fiesty editorial board meeting in which I spearheaded the ultimately losing case for reprinting the notorious cartoons of Mohammed. Relaxed after that with a little hallway football. Those damn cielings are too low.

Caught Jarhead and Final Destination 3. I'm only going to talk about the second. It was pretty terrible, granted, but I had a great time watching it. I think I had the most fun of anyone in that theatre. It was the Island 16, where they serve drinks, like in Europe.

Oh, and my passport arrived in the mail.

Wow, I was on such a buzz until I just now noticed that Rodney fell down off my wall.